|Leland Avenue Street Fair: Sunday, September 19th 10am - 4pm on Leland Avenue @ Bayshore Blvd.|
Friday, August 27, 2010
The Leland Avenue Street Fair is a free neighborhood festival in Visitacion Valley. A variety of home grown talented artists, crafters, caterers, local service providers and vendors will line the streets of downtown Visitacion Valley to celebrate our new streetscape and a rebirth of Leland Avenue. Year in and year out, the street fair is the community's largest, most celebrated family oriented event of the year. 2010 promises to be our greatest street fair yet, as we secured world famous Latin-Jazz percussionist Pete Escovedo and his 6-piece orchestra to headline out entertainment stage!
The festival is located in the Southeast part of the city straddling the San Francisco/Daly City border. The streets of the neighborhood blend in with the grounds of McClaren Park, the Cow Palace and the Excelsior, Bayview and Portola communities.
The festival grounds will offer live entertainment on the main stage, delicious eats, a dedicated children's area featuring arts and crafts projects and an enclosed bicycle course courtesy of SF Urban Riders
Monday, August 16, 2010
for just $10, you can actively support the Leland Avenue Street Fair and enter yourself to win the following prize packages:
- Squaw Valley Ski Package for 2: including 2 nights at the Village at Squaw, Two - 2day ski tickets, two - 2day ski rental, plus $50 in Squaw Bucks! Valued at over $800
- Dine for two in 10 great restaurants: including Grub, Piccolo Petes, Burger Joint, Scomas, 7 Mile House, Nepenthe, Lucca FR and more.. Valued at over $700
- Spa Package for 2: includes one hour each in home massage for two, Stila cosmetics Package, Nordstroms gift card and champagne! Valued at over $700
- Family Package for 4: includes 4 tickets to Great America, a digital camera and a $25 Gymboree gift card. Valued at over $500
- Handmade Quilt Valued at over $400
You do not need to be present to win.
100% OF FUNDS RAISED BENEFIT THE LELAND AVENUE STREET FAIR: SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 19TH, 10AM - 4PM
Monday, August 9, 2010
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
“So far so good, and I think it will get better” says Ismael when asked how he likes running his restaurant in Visitacion Valley. He even speculates that if things go well here, in 5 years maybe they’ll open up numero tres. In the meantime, he is looking forward to meeting other small business owners in Visitacion Valley and sharing his favorite plate on the menu – Camarones Diablo or Spicy Shrimp. Come in and try it for yourself, El Buen Sabor #2 is open for business at 98 Leland Avenue in downtown Visitacion Valley.